Friday, November 9, 2007

Wait, people have sex to make babies?!

Today was the first at home insem. Lovely partner did a great job--it was like she has done this a thousand times. (She assures me she hasn't---I'm the first girl she has tried to knock up. )
So we were at home, on our bed, and it was all good. And it seeemed hillarious too, that we would have sex to try to make a baby. I know this is how most babies are made. But it never really sunk in before. I thought that if sperm was free, we would we doing this all the time!
Fun inseminations-- Are you kidding me? That rocks.

We followed it up with another IUI tonight. Both times we went to the clinic there was children there playing in the waiting room. I've never seen one there the other 12 times we have been there. So I'm hoping its a positive sign. I don't really believe in these kinds of signs, but I will take what hope I can get.

I've also made the radical decision (for me) that I am not taking my temperature anymore. It has been too much stress. And I don't want to "know" tomorrow that this cycle didn't work because I haven't ovulated yet and be crushed for the two week wait. Let's face it, the tww is long enough even when you are feeling like your timing was right. Since we are moving on to monitored/trigger shot IUIs if the next few cycles don't work, we don't really need the information about my cycle patterns as much anymore. But we do need a good night sleep and a seriously less stressful process.

No comments: