Monday, November 12, 2007

The Two Year Wait

Lovely partner and I have been making decisions based on the possible baby for two years now.
There is a million reasons why not having a baby and not being pregnant sucks, but the impact on our life reaches pretty far.

It is really hard to switch jobs when you think you might need that maternity leave in 9 months. We've chosen to live in state-with-second-parent-adoption instead of state-without-second-parent-adoption (Screw you home state!!). Both of our families and a lot of our friends are in the "state without." I miss them. And then of course there is the things we didn't do with the money that we are spending on the baby. Or rather, the pursuit of the baby.

If there was a baby, I think I would feel fine with these short term sacrifices. The problem is, they are becoming long term sacrifices and we don't know for how long.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! Just started reading your blog after you commented over at ours.

I know what you mean, indeed. We moved to a more gay-friendly area, to a cheaper house, and are spending so much on TTC. But it doesn't seem like a choice, does it?? Gotta be done. Life sucks sometimes!

Fingers x-ed for your TWW, BTW. xx

Anonymous said...

dude. I get this.

Anonymous said...

Like your whole bloody life is on pause. It sucks. But I keep telling myself that it can't suck forever; that this can't be a permanent state of being.