Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Expanding Stomach, Shrinking Heads

At the urging of my lovely partner, I've decided to find a therapist to help me deal with the post-miscarriage, mid-ttc depression. I only looked for therapists that specialized in fertility issues. I didn't want to spend any time or money trying to explain to someone why a cycle day twelve temperature drop drove me to tears, or what an LH surge means. So I looked and found one and I already have an appointment for tomorrow morning. I'm feeling more optimistic that I can feel better someday. When the therapist called me on the phone I mentioned the miscarriage and immediately she was empathetic and mentioned the emotional stress and the physical stress a miscarriage can cause. This made me like her right away because I was glad that she mentioned both aspects.

My body is different since I was pregnant, and it is a creepy reminder. My breasts and stomach are fuller. Part of it is the clomid, I'm sure. But to have a more pregnant looking body and no clothes that fit has been another cause of sadness.

I hope I can feel better. I know people have tried to get pregnant for a lot longer then me and I can't always explain why the stress of this has been turning me upside down so much.

And we are ready for Try #7!

It is nice to be feeling a little more optimistic today. Maybe tomorrow will help too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really trying to get my head around the therapy after m/c thing. Congrats to you for taking the step I'm not quite ready to make.