Sunday, November 11, 2007

Two Week Wait of the Spotless Mind

My goal this cycle: forget the two week wait. Erase it from my mind. No thoughts, no stress. A two week cruise down the river in Egypt. Except I'm blogging about it? Maybe not the best strategy......But still, its better. Its easier to be blase right now because I felt like we did not have good timing anyway. I'm not acting pregnant during the TWW like I used to. My first cycle, I gave up white flour, sugar, and caffeine. I freaked out when I grabbed the wrong glass at a wedding and had a sip of vodka. I forced myself to eat handfuls of spinach every day. However, I'm trying a different approach now. Last night I had a glass of sangria. Today, a root beer float. Forgetting forgetting....

Things that made it harder to forget that I am waiting to find out if I am pregnant:
1) Going to a party and seeing someone with the same due date as I wouldve had if I did not miscarry. Lovely partner told me she almost threw up when we saw her, even though we were prepared for it.

2) Seeing my cousin's beautiful baby, born through IVF after years and years of TTC.

3) Looking at the calendar seeing the wait will end on Thanksgiving.

My goal for thanksgiving is to be thankful, no matter what the outcome of this wait is.

My blessings are something I definately don't want to forget.

No comments: