Saturday, January 19, 2008

Two Lines: And the Freaking Out Commences

I'm pregnant. That sums up the major news. I am so grateful and yet so scared. I didn't think the miscarriage had haunted me so much. I felt sick for a few days, but now I feel pretty normal, other then sore breasts. It freaks me out. I'm scared of getting attached to this baby and then losing it. Is it normal to feel sick and very pregnant for a few days and then feel better?
We didn't get a beta test because we didn't want to be anxious about the numbers. That decision was easier when I was feeling pregnant. Now we are thinking we will do that this week.

On the other hand we had a wonderful day of cancelling appointments with doctors and talking about decorating the baby room. My favorite part was telling my sister (a major baseball nerd) that the baby would here for the World Series.

I hope I don't sound ungrateful when express my anxiety. I think that miscarriage did more to me and Lovely Partner emotionally then I ever understood.

I'm pregnant and I can't believe I am writing that.

Happy Scared Anxiously Gratefully yours, Sarah

4 comments:

R said...

Oh wow!! Congratulations! So very excited for ya!! Wonderful news!

Anonymous said...

Wow. HUGE congratulations!

I'm so sorry you're feeling anxious, though it's perfectly understandable. I hope you have the most textbook 9 months ahead of you and that you'll be able to start enjoying it soon.

I've tagged you for a meme (see our blog) to maybe keep your mind off worrying for a bit.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Like vee, I hope you have a really boring pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

b from http://hereticalhedonism.wordpress.com/
congrats! i am right there with you. let's hope the beans stick for both of us.