Tuesday, January 22, 2008

All about Me Me

I'm pretty new to blogging, so I just got my first meme from Vee over at http://veeandjay.wordpress.com/. She thoughtfully tagged me so I would have a distraction from worrying about my hcg scores. So here goes:



The Rules:1) Link to the person that tagged you. 2) Post the rules on your blog. 3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. 4) Tag at least three people at the end of your post and link to their blogs. 5) Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. 6) Let the fun begin!


1. Since I was a small child, I always wanted to have a son named Huckleberry. It was not inspired by the Strawberry Shortcake dude. This name has been ruled out by Lovely Partner (I understand her reservation)
She said I could use it as a blog name for the baby, however. I may do that!


2. I'm very picky about pens. Ink only, please. And ballpoint doesn't count. It has to be real, dark, bleedy ink. Black, although blue will suffice in a pinch. When I say picky, I mean I will leave my job to go to the store to buy new pens or I feel like I can't get work done. I take pens when I go to the bank so I don't have to use their ballpoint on a chain. Don't even get me started on pencils.


3. I have taken hot baths pretty much every night since I was a kid. Except sometimes in the depth of summer, when TTC, and now that I am pregnant. More than missing alcohol or sushi or soft cheese I will miss my hot baths!


4. I'm crazy about musicals. Especially the modern ones like Hedwig and the Angry Inch. When I watch a musical, I have a goofy smile on my face, they make me so happy. You'd be shocked to know how often I sing tunes from Buffy the Vampire Slayer musical episode.


5. I'm lazy about change. Coin change that is, pennies, nickles, dimes, and quarters. I drive everyone who has ever lived with me insane by letting coins fall to the floor and stay there. And, um, my car floor might have fifty dollars worth of coins on the floor.


6. I love advice columns. I remember reading Ann Landers when I was in second grade. Now, my taste has matured to Carolyn Hax and Dan Savage. I have a special place in my heart for Miss Manners too.


So now I tag:


http://aspiringbaker.blogspot.com/ , who writes one of of my favorite blogs, always insightful and thoughtful.

http://hereticalhedonism.wordpress.com/ , who is also newly pregnant.

Renee at http://2mommiesttcforababy.blogspot.com/, who was the first to congratulate me on the pregnacy online.

No comments: