Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Nothing on a Stick

Today is 13 DPO. Its the longest in 9 tries I have ever gone without doing a POAS test. The first few tries, I was gung ho to find I was pregnant as soon as possible. Dissapointing. The first positive (try #4) I got was 11DPO when I was sure I wasn't pregnant and I wanted to drink some beer. When I saw the second line, I was in shock--and didnt have any beer. In a major mindfuck, the test the following morning was negative. It didn't seem like a good sign, and maybe it wasn't because I had low betas and miscarried early. Each of the five tries since the miscarriage, I was very surprised I wasn't pregnant. My surprise sounds crazy in retrospect, but I am now a firm believer in psychosomatic pregnancy symptoms.


In two days, I will know if I am pregnant or if I am moving on to shots, ultrasounds, doctors in lab coats, high dose fertility medicine, and spending a couple thousand more dollars. My life will be very different either way. I will either feel like I won the lotto or that I am a hopeless case.

I'm not going to test before the missed period.

I'm feverently hoping that what I am feeling is not psychosomatic.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed for you. When is your period due?