Friday, January 2, 2009

Disbelief

I thought about my post about feet and how it might sound...as if biological connections were such an important thing. I can see how other Moms might feel about that and that might be insensitive. What I wanted to convey more was my sense of disbelief that I do have a daughter. I was someone who felt certain she would not arrive.

Sometimes I forget the TTC part is over. I got my first period the other day and when I saw the blood I felt alarmed, just like the old days. I have some clothes that I wore the day I had the miscarriage and I never wore them during my pregnancy. I felt like it was bad luck. I shove those clothes to the back of the drawer and then I remember that she is already here.

1 comment:

mulberry said...

seems like this process leaves deep scars... so glad your little one is here and that these are just memories and healing (tho slowly) scars.