Saturday, August 23, 2008

Stranger then Strange

I promised that I would fess up if I joined the people who say "Pregnancy goes by so fast." Nope, still not one of those people. I don't find that to be true any more then the "You forget the pain of TTC." Haven't yet, nope. Though it does get easier.

I also don't relate to people who feel they know their baby in the womb. A friend of mine told me she felt her son's personality at 4 weeks after conception! What? I feel like I don't know anything about the baby, other then a sense of her movement patterns. When I went for my 34 week appointment, the doctor told me the baby was measuring a slightly bigger then normal, height wise. I kept repeating this information to myself. I felt like it was the one fact I knew about her. ("Yep, our daughter, she is tall for her age, she is")

Normally we don't let complete strangers become the most important people in our lives. It is stranger then strange.

I'm really looking forward to meeting her and finding out what she is all about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pregnancy felt like a marathon to me and having this baby certainly hasn't erased the pain of infertility, not one bit.

I find it very difficult to believe that I was pg and this little guy came out of me.

mulberry said...

don't believe the things those people say about *knowing* their babies...

it's like when the kid kicks of her/his shoe and every one oooohs and says she/he's gonna be a soccer player! or when they have multiples and at age 4 seconds they announce this one is the quiet shy one, this one is the outgoing one who will be blah blah blah... i think about all the assumptions our parents made about us and the pain that our changing up the plans by being gay caused them (in most our cases) and i think...

what a beautiful thing that you are looking forward to meeting your daughter and learning who she is - finding out what she is all about.

cool!