Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Magic Eight Ball

Things I don't Know.....


Will I feel odd if the baby looks like a stranger? (Do hetero people or those using known donors think about this as much?)

Will I mother like my Mom?

How will this change my relationship with my partner?

Will I want to be pregnant again with the same intensity I did this time? Could I even bear that?

Will the kid often be mad at us for being queer/not having a dad?

Will I be happier then I was before I desperately wanted a baby?

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

"Will I be happier then I was before I desperately wanted a baby?"

This one kicked me in the gut. I need to work on being happy now. Regardless.

P.S. My 'word verification below' - the first three letters are K I D .... that's got to be good luck, right?

Anonymous said...

TBB looks a LOT like his known donor and nothing like DP, and has since he was born. I loved having a KD and being able to see that yes, THAT is where TBB gets certain features from.

We used an anon donor for TTG and he looks like I don't know who. Not me, except for a couple of little things. I'm guessing he's a lot like his donor too. Hopefully we will get to meet him sometime and find out.

I'd always hoped to use our KD for both (but he wasn't willing to donate for IVF which I needed), and that they'd look alike because of him.