Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Let's get this Show on the road

So now I fall into the category of "people who start dilating but take a while to go into labor." I'm still pregnant. My due date is on Thursday. I had high hopes of watching Friday's Presidential Debates with her on my blue couch at home. Not sure that is gonna happen!

I had some bloody show on Friday, which made labor seem so imminent. We even coincidently rented "Best in Show" that night which seemed like it could be a funny part of the labor story: Best in Bloody Show. But now its Tuesday night and I am not having even Braxton Hicks contractions.

It is a bizarre feeling to not know what day your life will change. Will it be tomorrow? Will it be in two weeks? Before or after we finish this loaf of bread? In September or October? Each night I go to sleep wondering if I will go into labor that night.

Lovely Partner took me for a walk for spicy food tonight. She wants to get this show on the road too!

3 comments:

mulberry said...

hope your party gets started soon!

the little one is already started lessons in *making an entrance* let's just hope for your sake its not a *fashionably late* entrance!

best of luck for a swift and uneventful delivery.

Lizzie said...

Big, big hugs. I'll be home on Friday. Please keep me posted. Thinking of all three of you, holding you in the light, can't wait to meet your daughter!!!!!!

R said...

What going on????