Thursday, September 11, 2008

Drop On By

Normally my blog has a lot of angst and worry, but today I felt...happy. I guess this is kind of a warning to readers who might not be in the mood.

I'm nuts for musicals and today the song going through my head (and out my throat if no ones around) is "Something's Coming," which Tony sings at the begining of West Side Story. Most appropriate is the lines "There is something due any day now" and "Come on, deliver, to meeeee." Granted, WSS doesn't have the happiest of endings but that song is full of anticipation and optimism and it makes me cheerful to hear it.

What had me singing this song today was my doctor's appointment (38 weeks) when I found out the baby has dropped and I am dilated. Only 1.5cm, but still. A girl has got to start somewhere. A baby, getting ready to be born.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu7sRdRrm_w

3 comments:

mulberry said...

listening to the song, WSS is both dakota's and my dad's VERY favorite musical, and imagining you singing it with a grin on your face and a wiggle waggle of your very pregnant belly.

congrats on the start of the birth process... i wish you a swift and safe one.

Lizzie said...

Very, very, very exciting. I leave tomorrow, gone two weeks, so PLEASE make sure that I am on your email list when your daughter arrives! Thinking of you guys so much.

dakota said...

As my sweetie commented I do truly love West Side Story for a number of reasons not the least of which is the exciting anticipation and intensity it conjures about life really.

Finally meeting your daughter and meeting the women you all continue to grow to be is very exciting indeed.

Wishing you joy and health as you come into the home stretch.